Saturday, March 3, 2007

Enough with the snow shoveling! I shouldn't c omplain, 30 minutes of aerobic shoveling means I don't have to go to the gym today and can get more knitting time in. Busy week. Didn't get much knitting done at all. Cast on a pair of jaywalkers that I think are going to go to a friend - using the larger version with 84 cast-on. After a few inches I decided it looked like it is going to be too stretchy (even though this person has large calves) so off come the needles. Before frogging it, I decided to try it on...guess what, it fit ME just fine, and my calves are smaller. *sigh*. So I frogged back to the ribbing and then attempted to get the needles back in and then got frustrated and said f-this and frogged the whole deal. Started over last night and pretty much got back to where I originally started frogging.
Missed Wed nite knitting this week,opted instead to stay for the monthly poker game at work. Lost about $25 or so, wish I had knitted instead! Not really though, we do have a lot of fun at our games and last month got cancelled.
Not much planned for this weekend, next weekend is the start of spring break so I am going go enjoy a rare weekend with nothing to do. I may even nap, but right now it is off to the shower.

4 comments:

NH Knitting Mama said...

Hi, Melissa! We missed you this week! It actually came up that we wished you were there. But, poker is fun, too - even though I totally suck at it because I can't do the whole poker face thing...

Hope to see you on Wed night.

ErickaJo said...

You lost 25 bucks when the buy in is 20? Now THAT is some knitting gods karma!

Gina House said...

Woohoo for smaller calves! And I agree with Amanda, we missed you on Wed!

Thanks so much for the comment on my blog! Big hugs to you...

Lapdog Creations said...

Hey Melissa, I just added your blog link to mine... I'll be popping up to B&N soon.. was going to come with Heather this week, but the doggies called (i.e. they were stuck home and wanted to eat!). :)