Tuesday, April 10, 2007

OK, OK!!

There have been FAR too many complaints regarding my lack of blogging. (Please refer to my first blog post in which I warn you all this will happen). So, after having the past 4 days off, I suppose I really have no excuse not to blog. Well, actually, I do. See, I hate posting and not having any pictures to share. I mean, I have FO's to share and no photos. Realized this morning when I was at the car dealer getting my free oil change that the camera has been in the glove box the whole weekend, but anyway...and it's STILL there and I don't feel like trekking down the stairs to get it. Oh, that reminds me...speaking of trekking...I have sitting before me a most deliciously soft skein of Trekking XXL that I purchased tonight at The Yarn Sellar, where I joined the world-renowned CHicks with Sticks for some knitting, conversation, and laughter. (Note to the Manchvegas knitters - we need to invite the chicks down for a knitting day in Manchvegas...I will offer up my back yard this summer for such an activity). Of course, I get there, and glance over at my passenger seat, occupied by my boy, Rusty. It was kinda cold out, so I asked if anyone would mind if he would join us (sorry he is such a whiner!!). For the most part he was good though, though he did sniff the bins of yarn hoping someone had stashed a food item in there somewhere.
And MY BOYS WON!!! One of the best opening days at Fenway EVER!!
Looking forward to knitting tomorrow night, I miss everyone, got snowed in last week, yeah, I am a wimp when it comes to driving in that stuff.
So good to spend a few days with family. My bro, his son and his son's friend were in a really bad car accident last weekend, all walked away without injuries, so it was good to hug on them.
Waiting for a phone call from the daughter, she said she'd call in 10 and that was a while ago.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was great seeing you and Rusty (even if he wouldn't let me get a good picture) last night. I was so happy that you were able to come.

I'm glad no one was hurt in the accident!

NH Knitting Mama said...

Sounds like you had a great time. Glad that everyone walked away from the accident.

I know I saw you at knitting tonight, sorry we didn't get a chance to chat!

GO SOX!

Gina House said...

Ooh, loved the new Trekking you got...just like mine...you'll love the way it knits up!

Glad you could make it for the bday night....missed talking to you, though!

Hugs!

Laurin said...

Hey chickee! Good start on the blog - but like "Loocie," you have some bloggin to do!!!!

Adding you to my list of ManchVegas bloggers. What happens in ManchVegas stays in ManchVegas, baby!!!

-Laurin

Lora said...

What fun! and Rusty even got in on the action of knitting. sweet!
It was great to see you last wednesday :)

NH Knitting Mama said...

Thank you so much for the comments on my blog the other day. I really appreciate your thoughts.

We would LOVE to go over and see your turtle sometime, just say the word. Boy, Poppy would love to see him.

Hope you're having a nice weekend!

Gina House said...

Uh, Melissa-sweetie, update? Miss ya!