Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Just Catching Up


It's knitting night with the Manchvegas Knitters...so why am I home updating my blog?? Well, I have felt like crap all week. So not like me. It started really on Saturday night. I have some sort of weird stomach thing (I'll spare you the details) that is going around and leaves me feeling nauseous much of the time. Oh, and tired. Oh, and then there were the 3 days when my ribs HURT - like all of them, all the way around my trunk and for no apparent reason. And then there was the headache and extreme exhaustion, in spite of getting more than enough sleep, on Monday. Got up at 6:30, walked the dogs, e-mailed work to say I was working from home, and promptly fell back asleep until 10:20!! SO not me! The good news is it is 10 and I am still awake, which has not been the case lately. It's kinda gotten me in a funk though because I don't feel like doing anything...

Anyway...I miss my knitters. Went over to B&N right after work and stayed til around 7:30, had to get home to the boys. Linc goes home this weekend...me sad...he is SUCH a great boy!! Lora, we are going to have to work out some visitation here...Rusty is going to be so lonely!! I am considering getting a kitten...Cindi's little sister's cat is expecting...but I'm just not sure I want to do the cat thing again. Mainly because my brother is soooooo allergic and would not be able to come visit, and then there is the litter box. It would have to be an indoor kitty. But I *know* that Rusty would just LOVE to have his own kitty...he adores kittys and when he meets up with them in our travels he just does not understand why they don't want to be friends. There are a couple of kitties in the neighborhood who have made friends with him, it just makes his day when "meow meow kitty" says hi. We shall see...

On the knitting front...OY! Well, the tiger socks are done, and if I do say so myself they came out great! I gave them to Wendy and she loves them! I picked up some Tofutsies at The Yarn Sellar on my way to Ogunquit Saturday (had a BLAST there) and have started a Jaywalker (photo above) for me! The baby sweater is coming along, but I haven't worked on the shawl for weeks. I guess I will get back to it on vacation in August (if that still happens, long story, stay tuned!)



Rusty is doing good - no more seizures. He had a hair cut recently.
Before and After:










I am looking forward to some more beach time soon...I am out of sorts, mainly because physically I am not feeling well, but also I am feeling irritated by things and need to take some time out. I realize that this is a familiar place I often get to and also have recently learned that it happens because I need more time to myself than I realize! Who knew?

So Gina...how's your luck these days??? ;-)

I adore Jonathan Papelbon. His focus just inspires me. The Sox were doing good for a while, but ended up losing. It's still good watching Jonathan close though. I strive to be that focused in my life...on anything, I'll settle for maintaining a focus on just one thing!!

7 comments:

NH Knitting Mama said...

I'm sorry you're not feeling well - that sucks! Your tiger socks came out beautiful!

Lora said...

The tiger socks are great!! You and Rusty are welcome anytime to visit Lincoln!! I'm sure he's going to miss Rusty too!!
I hope you're feeling better!! See you this weekend! Get some rest! The jaywalkers are looking great too.

Gigi said...

Feel better! The tiger socks look great as does the Toefootsie sock in progress. =-D

Gina House said...

OH, WOW!!! Those socks came out fantastic! You are on a Sock Spree there, girl!

Really hope you feel better soon!!

xoxxoxo G ; )

Sonya said...

Gosh, I hate it that you have been feeling bad. Love the socks. A beach day sounds great, just what you need.

NH Knitting Mama said...

Hi, Melissa!

Got your comment, and thank you for asking when I am coming back. I think I'm going to go to the group at "A Knitters Garden" in Chester (they also meet on Wed.)... It's at a yarn shop and a bit more comfortable (chair-wise). If you're ever in the area on a Wed. you should check it out (OK, there is no Famous Dave's nearby... but the YARN!)

Gina House said...

Bloggie, bloggie?