Tuesday, October 30, 2007


The Bullpen Band

I just finished watching the big parade for the Sox. Stayed home to work today so I could see it, and it was well worth it. Wish I had just taken the day off and gone in, but next time. What a month it has been with the playoffs. I have loved every exhausting, exhilarating minute of it. I have loved this team for 30 years and I can say without a doubt that the 2007 Red Sox are the best Red Sox team ever. At least in my lifetime. Not to take anything away from the 2004 team - they were amazing. And not to take away anything from the 67 Dream Team. But this 2007 team? They define the word "team". I can't even begin to describe it. Sure, they will be back in the spring, but it will be a new team, as it is every spring. This has been a great season for me, as far as baseball goes. I didn't do my normal mid-summer wandering away and pick back up with them in the fall. Nope, I would have to say that I watched about 90% of their games this year - not because there wasn't anything else to watch, or I had nothing better to do. Nope. Because I wanted to. They were amazing. And the way they came together and swept the Series...wow. And now, they are gone. Back to their families, back to take a break and relax a bit. It's going to feel a little empty around here for a while.

Paplebon just could not believe it...

That first moment... i have this on my desktop at work and it never fails to make me smile.
Such a sweet victory...
Okie Dokie!!
I bitched and moaned about him all season, but he done good in the playoffs and he really is adorable...

No comments: